Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mango dinner party idea

Mango dinner party ideas? What the heck are you talking about I can almost hear you asking?

Hopefully it grabbed your attention because the point of today's post is really to say a weird and simple idea can make your dinner party different.. and even memorable.

I love mangoes.. they are so exotic and delicious. I could have really picked any fruit for my theme because there are so many different types of fruit that you can use in both savory and sweet dishes. Like figs.. or pears.. etc. You can use your creativity..

Me I chose mango - and when I say theme, I mean each of my three courses included the fruit mango. But I will be doing many more posts on various other themes..

Yes, you can buy imported mangoes or you can use tinned mangoes if you can't find the real thing.. My menu consisted of:

Starter - crab cakes with mango salsa
Main - chicken with a light mango sauce
Dessert - sticky rice with mango

The menu proved very popular with my guests.. it was a different experience for everyone who came.. And my main aim is to make my dinner parties stand out in some way. This was simple.

What's more it proved a fabulous menu for a summer dinner party..

This gourmet mango syrup is ideal for adding to espresso drinks, brewed coffee and teas. Also great in Italian sodas, smoothies and for cooking and baking.



I'll bring you more dinner party ideas soon. If you are interested in any of these recipes I can provide them to you free of charge.

Randa
The Hostess with Mostess

No comments: