Sunday, September 9, 2007

A front garden dinner party idea

I saw a dinner party idea many years ago and it has left such an impression that I will never forget the way it looked. It wasn’t my own dinner party.. I just happened to be going for a walk one balmy star-lit evening in the streets if inner Sydney and a scene was taking place that caught my eye.

Set in the small front yard of someone’s terrace house was the site of a table dressed with the cripest whitest tablecloth I have seen. Eight or so high-backed chairs surrounded the table and a candelabra was beautifully positioned at each end. The guests were in their gowns and tuxedos and they were milling around having a few cocktails before the dinner was served.

It was a dreamy scene. Of course I don’t know what they ate although I would have loved to have just stood around and watched because it all looked so perfect. But.. I thought it might be rude.

But to this day I still think about that night and what a lovely dinner party idea it was.

Stay tuned for more dinner party ideas soon.

In the meantime, if you want an impressive candelabra - check this out:



Randa
The Hostess with the Mostess

No comments: