Monday, September 17, 2007

Dinner party idea - avoid 1940s stress!

You may wonder what I am talking about but in my search for dinner party ideas I found this video on youtube about dinner etiquette from the 1940s.

Wow.. it is a long video and the sound can be poor but I managed to watch the whole thing as I personally find this fascinating..

Etiquette is important - even if it is just in the way that we place our cutlery, glasses, etc. We have relaxed over the years but the more formal the dinner party the more we stick to the old-fashioned ways.

Of course I will be visiting the topic of dinner party etiquette down the track - but here is the way it used to be half a century ago .. it's great to be aware of the rules even though you may choose to ignore aspects of them.

Here it is..



Stay tuned for more dinner party ideas soon..

In fact if you enoyed watching this video, you may like to see a little more on this DVD. These films are for anyone who loves the great old funny table etiquette, table manners and good manners film that permeated American educational culture following WWII.



Randa
The Hostess with the Mostess

No comments: