Today's dinner party idea is a simple Italian meal - brushetta, Veal Saltimbocca and Gelato..
Starter - Brushetta
For starters, chop Spanish onion, Roma tomatoes and basil very finely and cover with good amount of Oivle oil and season. This can be done a day ahead so the mixure soaks in all the fabulous flavors. Slice a beaguette (French stick) and toast - before placing the brushetta mixture on top, cut some garlic cloves in half and infuse the bread the the garlic oil by scarping the garlic over the toast. Add the mixute and place and individual dishes dressed with a whole basil leaf between two serves.
Main - Veal Saltimbocca
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 veal schnitzels
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- roasted truss cherry tomatoes and salad leaves, to serve
1. Place sage leaves over schnitzels. Wrap prosciutto over veal, enclosing sage.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook veal for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked to taste.
3. Remove from pan to a tray and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Add white wine to pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes until reduced by half.
4. Serve veal drizzled with sauce.
Accompany with cherry tomatoes and salad leaves.
Dessert - gelato
Pre buy some gelato and serve a scoop or two in some tasteful dishes.
Don't forget the Italian coffee for any takers..
Stay tuned for more dinner party ideas soon.
In the meantime, Iyou may want to check this out - in her hit Food Network show Everyday Italian, Giada De Laurentiis shows you how to cook delicious, beautiful food in a flash. And here, in her long-awaited first book, she does the same—helps you put a fabulous dinner on the table tonight, for friends or just for the kids, with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of flavor. She makes it all look easy, because it is.
The Hostess with the Mostess