Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back from Japan

I am recently back from an amazing holiday in Japan. On top of visiting the sites, I enjoyed eating out at some amazing restaurants with some wonderful hosts and trying very authentic Japnese food that I'd never tried before. The way their food was presented was breath-taking. Of course I am always on the look out for new dinner party ideas and I had a host of ideas come to mind.

A common dinner experience in my travels was eating at restauarnts where diners had a high level of involvement in the preparation of their meal. It was so much fun. Here are just a couple of photos..

This is one of our hosts Yoshiko showing us what to do at the local Tepanyaki restaurant:



And this next photo is at a bar where we got to prepare our own sukiyaki dish:



A fellow delegate member spoke of her own dinner parties here in Sydney where she serves a dish called Shabu Shabu. This is a Japnese dish that takes only around 10 minutes to prepare - and it's a great dinner party idea.

It's one of Japan’s most popular dishes and is "a glorified fondue". It consists of paper-thin slices of raw beef and raw vegetables, cooked by each diner at the table in a pot of hot broth. I have found a recipe for you.

Stay tuned for more dinner party ideas soon.

In the meantime, check out this Shabu Shanu pot:



Randa
The Hostess with the Mostess

No comments: