Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who is the Best Iron Chef At Your Dinner Party?

Tried this dinner party idea? The article I've attached says:

"Like their television counterparts, the Lander family treats the secret ingredient with reverence.

It is concealed under a domed basket as it is carried into the family's gorgeously appointed kitchen. With great dramatic flourish, it is revealed to their eager guests.

Thus begins the cook-off, a reality television-inspired dinner party that pits guests against one another to create the most beautiful, original and best-tasting dish using the secret ingredient."

What a fabulous dinner party idea - an idea which fits in nicely with all of the other theme ideas I regularly bring you and one that sounds like a lot of fun.

The way I see it is that with a little more thought you can make your dinner party one your guests will remember forever. You think about the dinner parties you've been to. Which stand out? I bet it's the ones where something was different in some way - otherwise they all seem to blend in with each other. With just a little effort and fore thought you can make your next dinner pasty a smash!

'Iron Chef' comes to dinner parties

Blogged with Flock



Stay tuned for more dinner party ideas soon.

In the meantime, why not take a look at these sauces.. this should help your guests create more flavor combined with their secret recipe ingredient!



Randa
The Hostess with the Mostess

3 comments:

Tinu said...

Iron Chef was just mentioned on the View this morning. I'll have to find out why I keep running into this phrase. :)

Dinner Party Ideas said...

It must be a sign! Have you discovered your creativity in the kitchen yet using a secret ingredient?

Unknown said...

I love this idea, and have considered it; however, I didn't know how it would work on one stove. Thanks for adding the photo. It looks like it's fun to share the stove, actually. I'm sure you're familiar with "Chopped" as well. That's the dinner party I'd like to try! I happened upon your blog by clicking "Next Blog" and am glad I found it. There are tons of great ideas here.

Cheers!